Asian Beef and Pepper Stir Fry
Asian beef and pepper stir fry will be your new go-to meal! It's full of lots of flavor with ginger, garlic and Serrano chili. Even better, the beef cooks in minutes!
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil divided
- 2.75 pounds flank steak sliced very thin against the grain
- 2 red bell pepper cored, seeded, and cut into 2-inch-long strips
- 2 yellow bell pepper cored, seeded, and cut into 2-inch-long strips
- 2 orange bell pepper cored, seeded, and cut into 2-inch-long strips
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons (about 3 inch piece) fresh ginger minced
- 2 Serrano chili seeded, finely chopped
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 lime
- green onions for garnish thinly sliced on the bias
- sesame seeds for garnish
Heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in a wok or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the flank steak and cook until well browned, stirring often (about 5 - 6 minutes). Feel free to cook steak in batches if you have a small wok or skillet. Remove the steak to the side and pour off any fat.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil over medium heat. Add in peppers, and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add in garlic, ginger, and Serrano peppers. Cook for an additional 1 minute. Return beef to wok, and add in soy sauce. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until everything is combined and meat is reheated.
Serve immediately with a side of jasmine rice. Garnish with a squeeze of lime, green onions, and sesame seeds.
Serve with a side of jasmine rice.
To make gluten free, substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos.
To make keto, omit jasmine rice.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 1196mg | Potassium: 1070mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2588IU | Vitamin C: 180mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 4mg