Grilled Lemon Ricotta and Peach Crostini
Grilled peach & lemon ricotta crostini is an elegant, but simple appetizer! The grill infuses just the right amount of smokiness to this dish. It's an ideal dish for entertaining because it comes together so quickly & effortlessly!
- 15 ounces ricotta
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 baguette (or other crusty bread) sliced into rounds
- 4 ripe peaches pitted and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- fresh basil chiffonade (meaning cut into long, thin strips)
- balsamic glaze (optional) for topping
Preheat grill to medium high (around 400°F).
In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta, garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Allow to rest in the refrigerator while other ingredients cook.
Coat sliced baguette rounds in 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Coat peaches in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Grill peaches for 2-4 minutes per side. Grill bread for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown and marked on both sides.
Lay out bread on a tray and top each piece with a smear of ricotta, a slice of peach, and piece of basil. Optionally, drizzle over balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.