Kale and Tomato Gnocchi is an elegant dish that comes together in under 30 minutes. Fill your pasta cravings with this gnocchi dish filled with notes of bacon, lemon, and balsamic glaze.
Fast dinners that taste like they took hours to make are my jam! Seriously- is there anything better?!
With Valentine's Day coming up, I knew we needed a fancy, yet easy enough make-at-home meal. This is for everyone who wants to have an at home date with their favorite loved one! Enter in this kale & tomato gnocchi!
If you've never made gnocchi before, it only takes a few minutes to cook once the water has come to a boil. Gnocchi is a pasta made from potatoes. It is basically like eating little mini clouds. They are thick and fluffy - delicious!
If you're brave enough to make your own gnocchi, I say go for it! You can also purchase pre-packaged gnocchi or even cauliflower gnocchi (gluten free alternative) to make your life easier!
Ingredients in Kale & Tomato Gnocchi
We have some fancier elements in this dish with the wilted veggies and balsamic glaze. Yet, none of the individual ingredients are hard to make. This is what makes the dish such a success in my book!
If you are going for a vegetarian friendly gnocchi dish, you could omit the bacon. I would just add a bit more balsamic glaze and some toasted pine nuts to add the crunch (that the bacon gives) back into the dish.
This dish is best served immediately after you pull the gnocchi out of the boiling water. You can always prep the bacon early, as well as chop up the veggies, to cut down the prep and cook time even more!
Kale and Tomato Gnocchi
- 6 slices bacon
- 24 oz gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 ½ cups kale de-stemmed, roughly chopped
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Parmesan freshly grated
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large, metal baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and add bacon strips. Cook for 14-18 minutes until bacon is golden brown and slightly crispy. Chop into bite sized pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a fast boil. Cook gnocchi according to package instructions.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cherry tomatoes. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes, until tomatoes are slightly charred and burst. Add in kale and garlic, and allow to cook for an additional 2 minutes, until kale is wilted. Squeeze the juice of one lemon and salt.
- Transfer cooked gnocchi and bacon to the skillet. Grate Parmesan cheese over the whole dish. Top generously with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.