Garlic dill potatoes are a great addition to your morning breakfast! They have just the right amount of added flavor and seasoning from the dill, garlic, and onion powder. The potatoes are crisped to perfection in the oven!Jump to Recipe
My husband and I are breakfast potato fiends. We could probably each eat a full sheet pan of these oven baked potatoes if we tried. They are a perfect addition to your weekday breakfast as well! Just make some eggs and fruit to go on the side, and re-heat the potatoes in an air fryer or toaster oven. These are definitely best served with a side of ketchup!
When you are roasting vegetables (potatoes included) in the oven, you want to make sure to roast them at a high temperature. This is going to ensure that they are crispy and golden brown once fully cooked. Part of getting the potatoes crispy is making sure they are all fully coated in olive oil.
You'll also want to make sure you don't overcrowd the sheet pan. Give the potatoes enough space in between so they can get crispy. I used two large sheet pans for the 3 ½ lbs of potatoes in this recipe.
My final tip for making sure you get crunch all the way around your potato is giving them a stir halfway through the cooking process. Take them out of the oven, and move them around with a spatula to ensure a more even crunch.
Garlic Dill Breakfast Potatoes
- 3 ½ lbs russet potatoes washed & scrubbed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- ¾-1 tsp salt (depending on your taste)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- With your washed potatoes, cut into ½ - ¾ inch cubes. Pat dry.
- To a baking sheet, add a layer of parchment paper. On top, add potatoes, and toss with olive oil, spices, salt, and pepper. Bake for 30-35 minutes, tossing the potatoes at the halfway point.