Gluten Free Snickerdoodles
These gluten free snickerdoodles are going to rock your world! You won’t even be able to tell they are gluten free. And…they’ve got a secret ingredient…pumpkin pie spice.Jump to Recipe
One of my favorite parts of the holiday is baking cookies and sharing them with the people you love! I wanted to challenge myself this year to create a gluten free version of one of my husband’s favorite cookies – snickerdoodles! Having a food allergy can be tough, but I promise you aren’t going to miss out with these gluten free snickerdoodle cookies.
I love baking, but don’t always have time for it. If you are prepping for the holidays, you can bake your cookies and freeze them (for up to two months)! When the cookie craving hits, you have already made cookies! A couple hours before you want to eat your cookies, remove them from the freezer and allow them to thaw.
Cookie Baking Tips
There is definitely a formula for baking the perfect cookie! Here are some tips to help you get the best cookie!
- Before you bake these cookies, allow the dough to chill for at 30 minutes. This is going to keep the cookies from spreading too much.
- If possible, bake your cookies on the middle rack of your oven. The middle heats them mostly evenly. If you don’t have time for this, switch the position of your cookie pans halfway between the baking time.
- Give your oven some time to heat up. It takes about 15-20 minutes for your oven to fully preheat, so plan accordingly!
- Bake your cookies according to your oven. Every oven heats a little differently. Be sure to keep an eye on the cookies during the first round of baking to determine the perfect timing for your oven.
For more helpful baking tips, make sure to check out my 10 secrets to instantly become a better baker. It’s a free guide (over 13 pages) full of tips to level up your baking game. Whether you’re a new baker or a seasoned pro, you’ll learn something new!
Favorite Kitchen Items from the Post
If you haven’t yet baked with gluten free flour, I’ve linked some of my favorites below!
Gluten Free Snickerdoodles
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups super fine almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a stand mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- To the stand mixer add the egg and vanilla. Stir to combine, scraping down the sides when necessary.
- Add the flour, cream of tartar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix on low just until incorporated. Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl for rolling. Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough, roll into a ball, and roll in the sugar mixture. If you are doing this in batches, keep the dough in the refrigerator in between.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cookies 2 inches apart. Bake for 14-16 minutes until slightly golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Allow to rest for 3-5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.