Mediterranean veggie naan wraps are loaded with flavor from a multitude of spices! With only five main ingredients, these wraps provide a quick, healthy, vegetarian dinner option!
I'm all about meals that pack a punch with minimal ingredients! Typically, I'm inspired to make simple meals on nights when the fridge is looking sparse. Turns out, sometimes all you need are a few quality ingredients, and some spices, to make a flavor packed meal!
If you're anything like me, sometimes eating veggies as a side dish can get boring. Quite honestly, when I get bored of food, I start eating more on the unhealthy side. However, I find that highlighting your veggies and making them the star of the dish can make them new, interesting, and quite frankly just more delicious.
For our Mediterranean veggie naan wraps, we're roasting up some simple ingredients - cauliflower and garbanzo beans (chickpeas). This meal requires very little prep time, since most of the work is done in the oven, roasting the veggies to perfection!
Tips for Roasting Veggies
When you're roasting veggies, there are a few tips to help them get extra crunchy and delicious!
- Be sure not to overcrowd your pan. Too many veggies pushed together won't allow for a golden crust to form.
- Generously coat the veggies in olive oil to help with browning.
- HIGH heat is always the key! Make sure the oven is at least on 400°F for any type of vegetable you are roasting. A cheap oven thermometer can help you make sure the oven is properly heated.
- Halfway through the cooking process, stir up your veggies. This will help all sides to get evenly crispy!
Mediterranean Veggie Naan Wraps
- ½ teaspoon dill
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 3 ½ tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 head cauliflower trimmed and cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 pieces naan
- 10 ounces roasted garlic hummus
- 6 ounces feta cheese freshly crumbled
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together dill, dried oregano, dried thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- In a medium bowl, toss together cauliflower florets and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Coat with the spice mixture until evenly covered.
- Using a clean dish towel, pat the drained and rinsed garbanzo beans dry. Remove any skins that come off while drying, but otherwise don't worry about them.
- In a second medium bowl, toss together garbanzo beans and 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil. Coat with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper until evenly covered.
- Spray two metal baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Layer the cauliflower on one baking sheet, and the garbanzo beans on the other. Roast for 27-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- About 5 minutes before the veggies are done, warm the naan in a toaster.
- To serve, spread a thin layer of hummus on the naan. Top with roasted veggies and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Did you make this recipe?!
Let me know how you liked the recipe! Comment below, or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #HomebodyEats. Happy cooking, Homebody family!Yum
I love how easy and healthy this meal is! We will be making this again for dinner next week!