Discover the best Patrón tequila cocktail, mixer, and shot recipes
Have you ever wondered what to mix with Patrón tequila? This is a list of the best tasting cocktails, mixers, and shots to pair with Patrón. Any of the drink recipes would be perfect to serve at parties or enjoy on a Saturday night. These cocktail ideas include suggestions to drink with Patrón silver, reposado, and añejo. These are some of the best recipes for tequila lovers to try!
From one tequila lover to another, I love using Patrón in my mixed drinks! My personal favorite, Patrón Silver has a fresh, smooth (almost sweet) taste to it. You can tell it's a high-quality liquor that's going to make amazing cocktails and drinks!
This article will teach you about how to find a good bottle of tequila, and inspire you to create delicious tasting cocktails. You'll learn the best recipes and mixers to pair with Patrón.
Is Patrón a Good Tequila To Drink?
When looking through the shelves at the liquor store, you'll notice Patrón definitely isn't the cheapest option or coolest looking bottle available. So, why purchase Patrón over other brands on the shelf?
First, and most importantly, the best type of tequila is a very personal preference. The alcohol you drink should taste good to you regardless of the price, quality ratings, or look of the bottle. This means, if you like the taste, it's a good bottle of tequila for you.
However, not all tequila is created equal. One of the biggest factors of the final taste of tequila is the ingredients it's made with. Quality bottles of tequila use 100% agave. Since alcohol is created from sugar, better bottles of tequila use 100% of the sugar from the blue agave plant (rather than other sugar additives often found in mixto tequilas).
Patrón tequila is made with 100% agave and zero additives, which is part of the reason many people love the flavor! They take great care in growing the agave, distilling, and packaging each bottle of Patrón. To learn more about the process of how tequila is made, check out this video.
Best Type of Patrón To Use in Drinks
The best type of Patrón to drink is really up to you and what cocktail you're making. In general, silver and reposado tequila are used in mixed drinks. Añejo and extra añejo are typically sipped on the rocks. However, as the consumer, you get to decide what you like best!
Here's a quick rundown of the flavor profiles of each Patrón tequila so you can decide which one is best for your drinking needs:
- Silver: Silver Patrón has a very smooth and light taste. It has a bit of sweetness, with notes of citrus.
- Reposado: If you like more of an oak, woody flavor, reposado is best. There are also notes of vanilla and florals.
- Añejo: Añejo tequila is even more warm and woody than reposado. You should taste notes of vanilla, caramel, and honey.
- Extra Añejo: Extra añejo is filled with dried fruit flavors, and of course an oaky, woody flavor from the barrels it's aged in.
- XO Cafe: Just for fun, try out a coffee flavored tequila with notes of chocolate, vanilla, and coffee.
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Here are some easy and creative Patrón drink recipes:
- Hibiscus Tequila & Sprite: Not only is this a super easy cocktail to mix up with only 4 ingredients, but it's also light, refreshing, and perfect for the hot summer months. There's a touch of floral notes from the hibiscus, while also allowing the flavor of tequila to really shine through.
- Pinapple Jalapeño Margarita: Fresh jalapeño muddled with pineapple juice and triple sec creates a delightfully pretty and delicious margarita. Don't forget to add a chili salt rim for an extra punch of spice!
- Tequila Mojito: Who says rum is the only spirit that belongs in a mojito? This refreshing Patrón cocktail is full of mint and lime juice, all topped with a splash of club soda.
- Spicy Jalapeño Margarita: This margarita uses two types of tequila - blanco and Citrónge lime. It's a perfectly crafted margarita with ginger syrup for sweetness along with jalapeño oil for some spiciness.
- Patrón Paloma: A well-loved cocktail knocked up a notch with reposado tequila. This is the perfect drink with a tart bite.
- Watermelon Margarita: The best summer margarita topped with mini Patrón shooters for garnish. Add in the watermelon flavor with Jolly Ranchers or fresh watermelon.
- Tequila Sunrise: This simple 3 ingredient cocktail is perfect for anyone who loves a sweet drink. Patrón tequila mixes with orange juice and grenadine for a delightful cocktail!
- Moscow Mule Margarita: This recipe is a twist on two classic drinks. Patrón silver mixes perfectly with ginger beer, Cointreau orange liqueur, and a salted rim!
- Patrón Pineapple Cocktail: A fruity cocktail that's full of pineapple and Patrón Citrónge orange. Add in a squeeze of lime and you've got a delicious summery cocktail.
- Pom Pom Punch: This seasonal drink combines reposado tequila and red wine. Its the perfect flavorful cocktail filled with lots of fresh fruit for garnish.
- Blood Orange Margarita: What's more fun than a bright orange cocktail? This citrus forward margarita is tart, while also mellowed out by reposado tequila and Grand Mariner.
- Tan Fresco Tan Verde: A refreshing cucumber based cocktail that packs the heat.
- Meyer Lemon & Thyme Margarita: Freshly squeezed lemon juice and herbs combine into a great tequila cocktail. Sweeten with a hint of agave syrup to balance out the tartness.
- Skinny Margarita: Since the flavor of Patrón is so delicious, it works great in a low calorie cocktail like this. Añejo and Citrónge lime are a perfect blend of flavors!
Simple Patrón Tequila Shot Ideas
If you love making or taking shots, here are some fun shooters to try mixing up:
- Tropical Tequila: A twist on piña colada flavors with a hint of pineapple. This recipe makes 4 shots, so you'll have extras for a friend!
- Margarita Jello Shots: Jello shots that look like a mini margarita down to the salted rim and lime wedge.
- Tiramisu Shot: A classic Italian dessert turned into a fun shot with XO Cafe coffee liqueur as one of the main ingredients.
- Watermelon Shooter: Watermelon juice and Patrón mix with watermelon pucker for a delicious pink shot.
- Mini Patrón Shooters: Silver tequila mini shooters make the perfect presentation for the classic tequila and lime wedge shot. These would be great for a party!
- Pineapple Pick Me Up: Pineapple juice pairs perfectly with silver and Citrónge orange Patrón for a summery shot recipe.
- Mini Blue Margaritas: Another mini shooter recipe with blue curaçao and strawberries.
- Wake the Dead: A coffee based shot using Patrón XO cafe with a hint of espresso.
- Margarita Stoplight Flight: A sweet batch of shots that resemble the colors of a stoplight.
Patrón Mixer Ideas
If you're in a pinch and need a quick Patrón mixed drink, try adding 1 to 2 shots of your favorite type of tequila to the following mixers:
- Bloody Mary mix
- Coconut water
- Cranberry juice
- Ginger ale
- Ginger beer
- Grapefruit juice
- Margarita mix
- Orange juice
- Perrier (or your favorite mineral water) plus a squeeze of lime
- Pineapple juice
- Sprite (or your favorite lemon lime soda)
Other Tequila Cocktails You May Enjoy
If you've enjoyed making these cocktails with Patrón, check out some other tequila drinks I love: