Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake Loaf
Warm, gooey sugar and cinnamon coffee cake loaf is the ultimate decadent breakfast. In addition to the cinnamon and sugar, the coffee cake has Greek yogurt to keep the cake moist and light. Whether you’re looking for a warm winter breakfast, or an addition to holiday brunch, Greek yogurt coffee cake is best served straight from the oven!Jump to Recipe
The holidays are such a fun time to relax and enjoy some indulgent food. This cinnamon & sugar coffee cake is our family go-to for Christmas morning. The best way to eat this is when it’s hot out of the oven with a glass of milk. You’ll thank me later!
Everyone’s family has different traditions. Many likely revolving around food. Shout out to my mother-in-law for letting me share this family recipe!
Before we get started: If you love baking as much as we do, make sure to check out my 10 secrets to instantly become a better baker. It’s a free guide (over 13 pages) full of tips to level up your baking game. Whether you’re a new baker or a seasoned pro, you’ll learn something new!
Preparing Your Morning Breakfast
You can always make this Greek yogurt coffee cake ahead of time so it is prepped and ready for a morning of opening gifts under the tree. However, if you can get up a little early and pop this in the oven right before everyone gets up, it is well worth having it served piping hot!
If you are feeding a large crowd and would prefer to serve this ‘cake style’ it can also be baked in a 9 x 13 inch pan. However, baking in two loaf pans would be a good way to share your cinnamon coffee cake loaf with some neighbors or friends!
When you are adding in the cinnamon and sugar filling, it looks like a lot. But trust me, this is what will get you the ooey-gooey center and crunchy topping. Be sure to spread it generously throughout the middle and top layers of the cake.
If you’re having trouble getting the batter to spread within the pan, run your spatula or knife under really hot water. It will help almost melt the batter and spread like a dream!
Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake Loaf
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour (can substitute 1:1 gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Using a stand or hand-held mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Sift together.
- Alternate adding in the the dry ingredients and Greek yogurt to the mixer. Mix just until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans. Add half of the batter into each pan, top with half of the sugar filling. Add in the remaining batter and sprinkle the remaining sugar filling on top. If the batter is difficult to spread, run hot water over a knife or metal spatula. Bake for 30-40 minutes.