This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please see full disclosure for more details.
Mix up a cocktail that tastes like a sugar cookie with peanut butter whiskey & Baileys
This sugar cookie cocktail is filled with a creamy and sweet flavor. A myriad of ingredients come together to make an easy peanut butter whiskey and Baileys drink that tastes like a dessert. Don't forget to rim the glasses with some cinnamon sugar as an easy garnish.
Sometimes you just need a cocktail that's sweet and tastes like a dessert! This Skrewball cocktail is just that! Vodka, peanut butter whiskey, and Baileys Irish cream combine together perfectly for a dessert drink.
If you're new to peanut butter whiskey and want to gently ease into mixing cocktails with it, this is a great first drink. The peanut flavor is there, but not overly pronounced.
I also have many other Skrewball drink recipes, so be sure to check those out as well!
What You'll Learn In This Recipe
With all the recipes on Homebody Eats, I hope to teach you a new skill that you can use over and over again in the kitchen! In this recipe you'll learn:
- How to make a brown sugar simple syrup flavored with vanilla
- An easy & cheap way to get the perfect ice for cocktails
- How bitters can help balance almost every cocktail
Recipe Video Tutorial
Here are the ingredients you'll need for our sugar cookie cocktail:
- Brown sugar simple syrup: We'll be making homemade simple syrup with a bit of brown sugar and vanilla. Simple syrup is a one to one ratio of sugar and water. It's a simple recipe you can use in either a cocktail or iced coffee!
- Brown sugar/ground cinnamon: For the rim of the cocktail, we're mixing up a quick cinnamon and sugar.
- Irish cream (Baileys): Irish cream adds notes of milk, vanilla, and even a hint of chocolate to this cocktail.
- Peanut butter whiskey (Skrewball): I really love using Skrewball in this recipe. The peanut butter flavor is unmatched. It's rich and doesn't taste artifical, which is a win in my book!
- Vodka: Feel free to use any unflavored vodka of your choice.
- Cream of coconut: This ingredient adds some additonal creaminess to the cocktail.
- Orange bitters: Bitters are an important part of any cocktail as they help round out the flavor of the drink. It's especially important in sweet cocktails to have a bitter note so the drink isn't cloyingly sweet. Think of bitters almost like salt for your cocktails. A few dashes are (almost) always helpful.
Tools & Equipment
Here are the bartending tools you'll need to make this cocktail:
- Boston shaker: This is a shaken cocktail, so make sure to have this tool on hand!
- Jigger: Don't forget to measure out all the ingredients so you get a well balanced cocktail.
- Hawthrone strainer: To strain the ice out of the drink after mixing everything together in a cocktail shaker, use a hawthrone strainer.
- Low ball glass: I like to serve this drink in a low ball glass rimmed with cinnamon and sugar.
Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
I'd really encourage you to make your own. It's easier than you think and doesn't take much time. However, in a pinch, you could opt for this brown sugar & cinnamon simple syrup.
There are many different brands of peanut butter whiskey out there including Bird Dog, Sqrrl, and Skatter Brain. My favorite brand is Skrewball.
I love grabbing a bag of pebble ice from Sonic. You can get multiple gallons of the best pebble ice for around $3.00.
Sugar Cookie Cocktail with Peanut Butter Whiskey and Baileys
Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Sugar Cookie Cocktail
- 1 ounce, plus several teaspoons to rim glass brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon to rim glass
- 1 ounce Irish cream (Baileys)
- 1 ounce peanut butter whiskey
- 1 ounce vodka
- ½ ounce cream of coconut
- 5 dashes orange bitters
For Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
- Add brown sugar, vanilla extract, and ¼ cup water to a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Allow to cool, then pour into a glass jar and seal tightly.
For Sugar Cookie Cocktail
- To a shallow plate add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar simple syrup. To another shallow plate add 2 teaspoons brown sugar and ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Mix to combine. Dip the rim of a low ball glass in simple syrup, the coat with cinnamon sugar mixture. Fill with pebble ice and set aside.
- Add Irish cream, peanut butter whiskey, vodka, 1 ounce brown sugar simple syrup, cream of coconut, and orange bitters to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
Other Recipes To Try
Check out these other Skrewball peanut butter whiskey cocktails: