This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please see full disclosure for more details.
Learn the best peanut butter whiskey drinks to make with your favorite mixers.
If you love peanut butter whiskey (like Skrewball), then learn the best drinks and shots to make with this spirit. There are many delicious liqueurs, mixers, and liquors that mix well with peanut butter whiskey. Learn about what shots and drinks can you make with Skrewball peanut butter whiskey.
You probably know by now that I'm full-out obsessed with peanut butter whiskey. I have multiple recipes using Skrewball like shots, ice cream, and more! It's by no means a traditional whiskey, but it provides a really fun and flavorful twist on a spirit we all know and love.
I've made a handful of peanut butter whiskey shot and drink recipes, but I wanted to provide a guide for people who want to be a little more creative. This post will cover lots of ideas about what to mix with peanut butter whiskey. If you have any brilliant combinations that you've tried at home, throw a comment below so I can try it out too!
While there are many brands of peanut butter whiskey on the market (Sqrrl, Skatter Brain, etc.) my all-time favorite is Skrewball. You can find many of these brands at your local liquor store, or on Drizly.
How to Store Peanut Butter Whiskey
I prefer to store my peanut butter whiskey in the freezer. Super cold peanut butter whiskey makes delicious shots all on its own. However, I also prefer cocktails and mixed shots with super cold whiskey.
The exception to this rule is when you're adding the peanut butter whiskey to a hot drink (like coffee or apple cider) or baking with it. I like to keep one bottle at room temperature, and leave another in the freezer.
What To Mix With Peanut Butter Whiskey
For 1 Ingredient Mixers
If you're looking for an easy, 1 ingredient mixer to pair with peanut butter whiskey, try out these combinations.
- Coffee: 1.5 part peanut butter whiskey, 5 part hot coffee, splash of cream (optional)
- Apple Cider: 1.5 part peanut butter whiskey, 5 part hot apple cider
- Berry Flavored Seltzer: 1.5 part peanut butter whiskey, 5 part alcoholic seltzer
- Milk: 1.75 part peanut butter whiskey, 5 part milk of choice (don't forget about chocolate milk)
- Coca-Cola: 1.5 part peanut butter whiskey, 5 part Coca-Cola soda
Did you know you can make delicious peanut butter whiskey drinks with some of our tried and true classic cocktail recipes? Here are some of my fun, favorite twists.
- Black Russian: 2 part peanut butter whiskey, 1 part coffee liqueur
- Chocolate Martini: 1 part peanut butter whiskey, 1.5 part chocolate liqueur, 1.5 part creme de cocoa, 2.5 part heavy cream
- Espresso Martini: 2 part peanut butter whiskey, ½ part coffee liqueur, 1 part espresso, ½ part simple syrup (optional)
- Manhattan: 1.5 part peanut butter whiskey, 1.5 part rye, ¼ part Amaro
- Mudslide: 1 part peanut butter whiskey, 1 part coffee liqueur, 1.5 part Irish cream liqueur
I love Skrewball whiskey for simple shot recipes because it already has so much flavor. If you're looking for shots made with peanut butter whiskey, check out some of my favorite combinations. Most of these Skrewball shot recipes only require 2 ingredients. Make sure all ingredients have been chilled.
- Caramel Liqueur: 1.5 part peanut butter whiskey, ½ part caramel liqueur. Try caramel liqueur in a PayDay shot
- Vanilla Vodka: 1 part peanut butter whiskey, 1 part vanilla vodka
- Coffee Liqueur: 1 part peanut butter whiskey, 1 part coffee liqueur
- Raspberry Liqueur: 1 part peanut butter whiskey, 1 part raspberry liqueur
- Chocolate Liqueur/Creme de Cocoa: 1 part peanut butter whiskey, 1 part chocolate liqueur/creme de cocoa
- Banana Liqueur: 1.5 part peanut butter whiskey, ½ part banana liqueur
- Irish Cream: 1 part peanut butter whiskey, 1 part Irish cream
- RumChata: 1 part peanut butter whiskey, 1 part RumChata
- Cinnamon Whiskey: 1.5 part peanut butter whiskey, ½ part cinnamon whiskey
- Reese's Cup: 1 part peanut butter whiskey, 1 part coffee liqueur, 1 part milk (full recipe)
- Peanut Butter & Jelly (PB&J): Check out the full recipe
For Boozy Desserts
Believe it or not, peanut butter whiskey is also a great addition to desserts! Here are some of my favorite recipes that taste even better with a little booze.
- Ice Cream: Check out this recipe
- Milkshake: Check out this recipe
- Caramel: Check out this recipe
- Brownies: Check out this recipe
Need More Inspiration?
The only way to keep finding new and delicious peanut butter whiskey drinks is to keep experimenting! Grab my free bartender cheat sheet with over 45+ classic cocktail recipes and see how they taste with some Skrewball or other PB whiskey.