Make four-ingredient frozen alcoholic slushies with apple cider, bourbon, and ginger beer. This is the perfect fall drink recipe to make with your friends.
Once fall hits, I need a go-to cocktail that has all of the fall flavors I love. This apple cider and ginger beer whiskey slushie recipe is the perfect answer.
It's a good cocktail to drink during the fall days when it's still a little hot outside. Plus, they would make an easy game-day cocktail.
You'll only need four main ingredients for this alcoholic slushie. It's a minimal-effort drink with lots of delicious flavors.
What You'll Learn In This Recipe
- How bourbon differs from other types of whiskey.
- My technique to make alcoholic slushies. You can use this trick to make other drinks.
- Tips for making this recipe for a party or get-together.
Don't forget to sign up for my bartender cheat sheet. This free guide will teach you 45 classic cocktail recipes.
And, if you enjoy learning about spirits, check out my cocktail video series where I teach you all the basics of liquor.
Ingredients You Need
You'll only need four main ingredients for these frozen whiskey slushies:
- Apple cider: This is one of the main flavors in the drink. Be sure to purchase an apple cider that you enjoy the taste of.
- Bourbon: Bourbon is a type of whiskey that's made in the United States. Bourbon is made from a mash bill of at least 51% corn, which typically gives it a sweet and smokey flavor. Learn more about the different types of whiskey and how they're used in cocktails.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice: I always prefer hand-squeezing my citrus for cocktails. It makes the orange flavor so much more intense. You can also use bottled orange juice if that's all you have on hand.
- Ginger beer: Find a brand of ginger beer you like. Some ginger beers taste spicier than others.
How To Make This Recipe
It's easier than you may think to make slushies with alcohol. Here's how to do it:
1. The first step is to freeze the apple cider in an ice cube tray. You'll have to prepare ahead of time to make these frozen cider slushies since it takes about 4 hours for the apple cider to harden.
2. After the apple cider cubes are frozen, add them along with bourbon and freshly squeezed orange juice to a high-powered blender. Blend on high until the ingredients are combined and a slush has formed.
3. Next, it's time to add ginger beer to the slushies. Pulse the ginger beer for just a few seconds until everything is incorporated.
4. Serve the cocktail in two copper mugs. You can optionally garnish with apple slices.
- If you're making the frozen alcoholic slush recipe for a party, freeze multiple trays of apple cider prior to the event.
- You can make this cocktail ahead of time. After making the cocktail, place the copper mugs filled with the slushie into the freezer. Once you're ready to serve, remove the mugs for a few minutes, then add the garnish.
- For a mocktail version of this slushie, simply omit the bourbon.
If you have a standard ice cube tray, all 16 ounces of apple cider should nicely fit into one tray.
First, you'll need to find an element of the cocktail that you can freeze. Obviously, the liquor in the cocktail won't freeze, so you'll have to find a different ingredient.
Once you freeze a component of the cocktail, place all the ingredients into a blender and mix together until a slushie-like consistency forms.
It takes around 4 hours for the apple cider to freeze in the ice cube tray.
More Whiskey Cocktails
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐rating in the recipe card below. Don't forget to follow along on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest for more recipes.
Frozen Alcoholic Apple Cider Whiskey Slushie
- copper mugs
- 16 ounces apple cider
- 4 ounces bourbon
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- apple slices dipped in cinnamon sugar for garnish
- Freeze apple cider in an ice cube tray until hardened, around 4 hours.
- Once frozen, add apple cider ice cubes, bourbon, and orange juice to a high-powered blender. Blend on high until thoroughly combined and a smooth slush has formed. Add in ginger beer, and pulse for a few additional seconds to incorporate.
- Serve the cocktail in two copper mugs. Optionally, garnish with apple slices dipped in cinnamon sugar.
My Goodness! What a way to treat guests! I cannot wait to spread the joy with these refreshing deliciousness at this years Ugly Sweater Party!