This is a classic shot recipe that you can now enjoy in the comfort of your own home. Using this recipe will allow you to recreate a Vegas bomb with just 4 ingredients, resulting in a taste just like if you ordered it in a bar.
Want To Save This Article?
Enter your email below and we'll send it straight to your inbox. Plus, you'll receive new weekly recipe inspiration.
A very common shot to order at the bar, Vegas bombs, are a perfect combination of an energizing pick-me-up and a shooter.
This recipe gives you a Vegas bomb shot just like you'd order and drink when you're out at the bar
In just 5 minutes, you can enjoy a batch of these shots with all of your friends. These shots are a great way to start the night, or a great way to keep your energy levels up if you're getting tired later in the night.
If you love this recipe for Vegas bombs, make sure you check out more of my favorite classic shot recipes.
What You'll Learn In This Recipe
- An easy way to whip up your favorite Vegas Bomb shots for you and your friends.
- A few ways to change up the flavor of this shot.
- My favorite trick for turning this shot into a full-sized cocktail.
If you like this recipe and want to learn about more shot recipes that you can show off and make for your friends, be sure to sign up for my free bartender cheat sheet.
Ingredients You Need
This recipe is great because it only requires 4 ingredients, which may already be lying around your house.
Crown Royal Canadian whisky: There are many different types of whisk(e)y on the market. Crown Royal Canadian whisky is very similar to bourbon, having notes of apples, caramel, and vanilla.
This is a smooth whisky whose flavor works perfectly with the sweet, fruity components in the rest of this shooter.
Peach schnapps: Peach schnapps is a mild alcohol that takes a clear-grain spirit, such as vodka, and infuses peach flavors into it. The result is explosive peach flavors, great for bringing fruity flavors into your shots or cocktails.
Malibu rum: Malibu is a rum-based liqueur. It is sweet with a nice coconut flavor that makes it very versatile for tropical cocktails. Adding this to your Vegas bomb helps counter the strength of the whisky and provides a complimentary flavor to the peach schnapps.
Red Bull: This ingredient is what will give you that caffeine boost that will keep the partying going. This recipe uses Red Bull to top off these shots.
You can use as little or as much of the energy drink as your heart desires. Red Bull makes a bunch of different flavors for their energy drinks, so feel free to try different ones to change up the flavor of your personal Vegas bomb shooters.
How To Make This Recipe
If you’ve ever seen how fast bartenders can whip up Vegas bomb shots, with a bit of practice, this recipe will turn you into a pro as well.
1. To begin making your Vegas Bomb shooters, fill a cocktail shaker partway with ice. Next, add in the Crown Royal Canadian whisky, the peach schnapps, and the Malibu rum.
With all those ingredients in, give your mixture a strong shake for about 15 seconds, until it is well chilled.
This technique is known as the shake method. As the name implies, you shake the ingredients of your cocktail together, mixing them thoroughly.
This helps incorporate air into your cocktails, making them lighter and therefore smoother when you're drinking them.
It is crucial that you do not add the Red Bull into the mix at this stage. The carbonation in the Red Bull will build up in the cocktail shaker and will cause your mixture to explode all over the place.
2. Once shaken, evenly strain the mix into four rocks glasses. Because these shots are bigger, and you want the extra room to add Red Bull, I recommend using rocks glasses for these shooters.
3. Finally, top each shot with about ½ ounce (15 ml) of Red Bull. It's really that easy!
- Want to make a Vegas bomb-inspired cocktail instead of a shot? All you have to do is follow this recipe and instead of dividing the mixture into rocks or shot glasses, pour the mix into two highball glasses filled with ice. Any additional room left in the glass you can use for adding in your Red Bull.
- For a classic “bomb-style” shot, pour the Crown Royal whisky, peach schnapps, and Malibu into a shot glass. Then, fill a highball glass about halfway with Red Bull. It is important that the amount of Red Bull is deep enough so that when you drop the shot glass in, it will completely submerge. Then, you can drop in the shot glass and drink away.
- Some Vegas bomb shot recipes also include a splash of cranberry juice. This is a great way to add another fruit flavor and change the color of your shooters. If this appeals to you, I recommend adding 1 ounce (30 ml) of cranberry juice to the recipe below.
You can pre-mix the Crown Royal Canadian whisky, peach schnapps, and Malibu rum, but you should wait to pour in the Red Bull. If you pour the Red Bull in ahead of time, you will lose the carbonation.
Here are some super easy substitutions that I suggest for changing up the flavor of your Vegas Bomb shots.
Amaretto Vegas Bomb: Substitute the Malibu rum for amaretto.
Butterscotch Vegas Bomb: Substitute the peach schnapps for butterscotch schnapps.
Jäeger Bomb: Substitute Crown Royal Canadian whisky for Jäegermeister.
Absolutely. All you have to do is adjust the quantity below in the recipe card to make up to 8 or 12 shots. This is perfect for your next party.
More Shot Recipes
Vegas Bomb (4 Ingredients)
- 2 ounces Crown Royal Canadian whisky
- 2 ounces peach schnapps
- 2 ounces Malibu rum
- 2 ounces chilled Red Bull energy drink
- Add Crown Royal Canadian whisky, peach schnapps, and Malibu rum to a cocktail shaker filled partway with ice.
- Shake until well chilled, about 15 seconds.
- Strain into four rocks glasses. Top each shot with Red Bull (about ½ ounce or 15 ml each).